Friday, February 13, 2015

Raspberries!

Back in October, I planted some raspberries; not really expecting them to do much. But they have gone very well over this summer (we really have been blessed with next-to-perfect berry growing conditions!), and I have been picking berries!
Raspberries are my absolute favourite berry. They are just the right combination of sweet and tart and they taste good on their own or with almost anything else! For example, today I made delicious white chocolate and raspberry muffins, which were magnificent (and extremely dangerous!!!)

Because I didn't tie the raspberry canes, they droop down over the path, which is a bit naughty, but it does mean that the berries are hidden from birds. Next year though, when the new canes come up, I'll make sure I tie them. They have their own bed (my dad's advice, as raspberries like to send out suckers), and I'm just going to let them take over. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment