Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October in the garden - preparation!

Early this month I gave the chook yard a good going over and in my garden beds put down chook poop and comfrey (good green manure) and 10 bales of pea straw (you should see all the pea plants that have sprouted now!); to keep the weeds down (ha!) and the moisture in. 
My 'orchard': apples, oranges and apricots
Comfrey
I also did lots and lots of weeding. In fact I'm still going with that, but I've got a whole other series of posts planned about my weed battles! 

I also had a go at tying down some branches from my pear tree, which I'm hoping to espalier (with no actual experience or knowledge of the process) along our new rumpus room/shed). 

And we created a new garden bed for my favourite berry - the raspberry! Of course, it has to be dog-proof!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment