Monday, October 20, 2014

This is my garden

I live on a 1/4 acre block in Canberra, Australia.
Canberra is a good place for gardens, especially food gardens. While we can't grow tropical stuff like avocados and mangoes, we have the kind of climate that is good for lots of fruit (apples, stone fruit, passionfruit etc), as well as lots of different herbs and vegies, and my favourite, berries!

My delicious organic Tasmanian garlic,
This is the food I currently have growing in my garden:
  • Tasmanian garlic (grown from bulbs a friend gave to me when I visited in 2012)
  • Asparagus
  • Herbs: chives, basil, dill, coriander, marjoram, parsley, comfrey, camomile
  • Pears
  • Apples
  • Apricots
  • Raspberries
  • Blueberries
  • Boysenberries (although I've been trying unsuccessfully for a while to get rid of these!)
  • Strawberries
  • Passionfruit 
  • Vegies: tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber, lettuce, leek, spinach, kale, peas
  • Almonds
  • Oranges
  • Rhubarb
  • Cherries
  • Pomegranate 
  • Bay tree
Soon, I'm planning on planting more veg: corn, capsicum, chilli, celery (and all the other 'c' words!).
I'll tell you about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment